Over twenty five years experience designing and implementing business solutions using information technology in a variety of corporate, non-profit and academic environments.
Expert in custom enterprise software application development for web and desktop platforms employing a wide range of both commercial and open source tools.
Extensive work in enterprise systems integration and migration.
Significant experience in messaging and collaboration systems design and deployment, intranet and groupware application development.
Excellent communication, project management and business skills.
Considerable experience in the practice and management of information technology consulting and software development.
Collaboratech, Inc. St. Louis, Missouri USA
Dec 1998-Present - Principal Consultant / Owner
Focused on helping clients to achieve their strategic and tactical business goals, and improve their competitive position through the managed implementation of custom software solutions, interactive web-based solutions for the Intranet/Internet, and collaboration systems.
- Started and grew a successful information technology consulting firm with no capital to $1.8M annual
- Built and managed a team of professional developers and consultants and managed development and infrastructure projects.
- Created, developed and integrated custom software applications to solve problems,
improve performance and empower organizations to reach their business objectives.
- Using emerging web technologies, created robust Internet and Intranet solutions to facilitate communication and collaboration in and between organizations, enable e- commerce, automate and improve business processes, and leverage organizational
- Provided information technology planning, design and implementation services.
- Participated in and/or managed systems integration and migration projects.
- Architected, designed and supported electronic mail, groupware and other collaborative
Sleeping Dog Software, LLC St. Louis, Missouri USA
January 2007-Dec 2013 - Chief Technology Officer / Co-Owner
Co-founded and grew a hosted software company; designed and developed hosted software applications (Saas) for non-profit advocacy and social service
agencies. Managed all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- Deployed open-source solution case management systems in a hosted environment.
- Architected a robust object model using PHP 5; designed and developed MySQL databases.
- Implemented JasperReports using Tomcat and PHP/Java bridge.
Iasis Software, Inc. St. Louis, Missouri USA
January 2003-December 2009 - Principal Software Architect / Co-Owner
Designed, developed and deployed software to automate all processes used in cord blood banks and tissue banks, transplant centers and stem cell laboratories, including collection, processing, inventory control, freezer management, searching and matching, testing, document management, export and outcome reporting.
- Built and managed operations for a successful biomedical software company with international and domestic sales.
- Designed and developed user interface, object models and databases.
WORDLINK / Norstan Consulting St. Louis, Missouri USA
Jun 1997 – Aug 1998 Branch Manager
Jan 1997 – Jan 1999 Delivery Services Manager/Practice Leader
May 1996 - Jan 1997 Senior Consultant
May 1994 - May 1996 Systems Engineer
- Created and managed business plans and annual budgets for branch office with
revenues in excess of $6 million.
- Implemented several improvements to sales processes and methodology including
formalized account management, account planning, performance metrics, and technical
- Developed and implemented project management methodology.
- Developed practice team structure and team-based management model.
- Created various tools for internal use including Intranet, shared schedule system,
resource planning application, web-based project management system.
- Led a team of professional developers and consultants in messaging, groupware and
web development projects.
Technical / Project Experience:
- Electronic mail and groupware system architecture and design, installation, configuration
and troubleshooting; administrative and security planning and implementation.
- Planning, managing and implementing messaging system migration and upgrade
projects. Development of custom programs for information integration and delivery via
- Implementation of gateways, MTAs and connectors; also add-ons and gateways such as
fax servers and pager gateways. Design and implementation of automated processes for system management and maintenance and the implementation of monitoring tools such as MailCheck and Soft*Watch.
- Consulting with clients on application project and system requirements, workflow analysis and design, business process analysis and application development standards.
- Managing application development and implementation projects of various scales from initial needs analysis through final deployment.
- Extensive work in groupware application design and development and integration with external enterprise data sources.
- Planning, design, prototyping and implementation of web sites and Intranet applications.
- Systems integration and migration.
Edison Brothers Stores, Inc. St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Mar 1993 - May 1994 Programmer
Mar 1992 - March 1993 Associate Systems Consultant
- Researched, designed and implemented the corporate international cc:Mail electronic mail system.
- Implemented integration of mainframe (SYSM) and public electronic mail systems with the cc:Mail environment, including directory synchronization. Installed cc:Mail in three foreign locations for connectivity with main office systems.
- Developed and supported relational database inventory application used by 300 remote managers which featured data collection by electronic mail.
- Researched, recommended and implemented PC-based POS/polling system for data collection and software distribution for Mall Entertainment division.
- Researched, designed and implemented the corporate international cc:Mail electronic
- Implemented integration of mainframe (SYSM) and public X.400 electronic mail systems
with the cc:Mail environment, including directory synchronization. Installed cc:Mail in
three foreign locations for connectivity with main office systems.
- Developed and supported relational database inventory application used by 300 remote
managers which featured data collection by electronic mail.
- Evaluation, prototyping and piloting of emerging technologies.
- Researched, recommended and implemented PC-based POS/polling system for data
collection and software distribution for Mall Entertainment division.
Saint Louis University St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Dec 1990 – Mar 1992 Information Specialist
Jul 1988 – Dec 1990 Senior Acquisitions Assistant
Nov 1985 - July 1988 Library Acquisitions Assistant
- Assumed lead role in LAN administration and personal computer installations.
- Expanded departmental LAN from 5 to 35 workstations.
- Installed and administered electronic mail system (Pegasus Mail and cc:Mail). Planned integration of department LAN with campus-wide network and mainframe.
- Led project to convert acquisitions records from mainframe to LAN system. Participated in beta test of new LAN acquisitions system.
- Novell LAN planning, administration, troubleshooting and maintenance; end-user support and training.
- Installation and maintenance of PC hardware and software.
- Development and implementation of database and other applications for internal use.
- Serve on university-wide automation planning committees.
- Order books and other library materials for main university library.
Product and Technology Expertise
Application and Database Development
- Visual Studio .NET (C#, VB.NET, all versions)
- ASPX, MVC and ASP web applications
- PHP 4 / PHP 5
- Microsoft Outlook custom form and workflow development
- Lotus Notes/Domino application development
- Adobe Flash Professional / ActionScript
- MySQL, Oracle, Access, R:Base, DBase
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Visual Basic 3.0-6.0
- REALBasic / RealStudio / Xojo
- Java, Turbo Pascal, Basic, Clipper
- Reporting tools (Crystal Reports, iReport and JasperReports)
- Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS)
- Lotus Domino Server
- Apache 1.x and 2.x
- Microsoft Exchange Server, Outlook and Microsoft Mail
- Lotus Notes/Domino mail and system architecture/administration
- Public, private and standards-based mail systems (SMTP, POP3/IMAP, X.400, etc.)
- Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server
- Lotus cc:Mail
- Lotus Organizer
- Lotus Components
Network Operating Systems/Directory Services
- Windows 2000 - 2008 / Active Directory
- Linux / Unix
- LDAP / X.500
- Mac OS X
- Microsoft NT Workstation and Server
- Novell NetWare 2.x, 3.x, 4.x
- Directory Synchronization
- Certified Lotus Professional Domino R5 Principal Application Developer
- Certified Lotus Professional Domino R5 System Administrator
- Certified Lotus Professional Notes Principal System Administrator (R4)
- Certified Lotus Professional Notes Principal Application Developer (R4)
- Certified Lotus Professional cc:Mail Specialist
- Lotus Certified Notes Consultant (R3)
- Certified Lotus Instructor I (cc:Mail)
- Notes/Domino System Administration
- Lotus Notes System Administration I
- Lotus Notes R3 to R4 Migration
- Implementing a Domino Infrastructure (R5)
- Maintaining a Domino Server Infrastructure (R5)
- Notes/Domino Application Development
- R5 Domino Designer Fundamentals
- Domino Application Security and Workflow
- Domino Application Architecture
- Using LotusScript in Domino R5 Applications
- Domino Application Development Update
- Building Collaborative Solutions by Using Microsoft Outlook 2000
- cc:Mail / Other
- cc:Mail System Administration I & II
- cc:Mail DB6 to DB8 Migration
- VBScript, SQL
- Domino Applications Administration
- Developing Domino Applications for the Web
- Lotus Notes Administration I & II
- Lotus Notes Application Development I & II
- Creating and Configuring a Web Server Using Microsoft Tools
- Supporting Windows NT Workstation
- Supporting Windows NT Server
- Fundamentals of Exchange Server 4.0
- NetWare 3.x to 4.x Update
- NetWare 4.x Administration
- Internetworking Microsoft TCP/IP on Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
- Bachelor of Arts, Saint Louis University, St. Louis, MO,1988
- Graduated magna cum laude
- 18 hours graduate studies
Personal / Other
- Member of the St. Louis Zoo, the Missouri Botanical Garden, the St. Louis Science Center, the St. Louis Art Museum, Laumeier Sculpture Park, KETC Channel 9 and St. Louis Public Radio
- Member, Affton Chamber of Commerce
- Past Member of the International Society for Cellular Therapy
- Member of Sigma Delta Pi (National Collegiate Hispanic Honor Society)
- Technology Committee, Seven Holy Founders Catholic School, 1995-2012
- Administration & Finance Commission, Seven Holy Founders Parish, 2006-2012
- School Board, Seven Holy Founders Catholic School, 2001/02-2004/05, 2007/08